Dear Fleur.
TODAY IS JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS.
You know? The ones when you feel like the whole world is on your shoulders, or at least 1000 loads of laundry is. And you stand in the kitchen and bake for hours. And do dishes for even more hours. And you sweep the same spot over and over again.
It's one of those days when I feel like a Mother.
Or a wife.
With no children. And no husband.
And I make banana bread and smoothies and mail things and clean and fold clothes and wash unmentionables in the bathtub.
And then.
I realize I am not a Mother or a wife.
I am 19 years old.
And I started out today wearing a gorgeous little blue dress with sleeves that are to die for,
and I'm ending it in sweatpants.
AND I'M FINE WITH THAT.
Call me crazy, but I kind of like the feeling.
Love. Bells.
TODAY IS JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS.
You know? The ones when you feel like the whole world is on your shoulders, or at least 1000 loads of laundry is. And you stand in the kitchen and bake for hours. And do dishes for even more hours. And you sweep the same spot over and over again.
It's one of those days when I feel like a Mother.
Or a wife.
With no children. And no husband.
And I make banana bread and smoothies and mail things and clean and fold clothes and wash unmentionables in the bathtub.
And then.
I realize I am not a Mother or a wife.
I am 19 years old.
And I started out today wearing a gorgeous little blue dress with sleeves that are to die for,
and I'm ending it in sweatpants.
AND I'M FINE WITH THAT.
Call me crazy, but I kind of like the feeling.
Love. Bells.

No comments:
Post a Comment