Thursday, February 6, 2014

I am a sparrow


The sky was gorgeous this morning while I drove to school. I swear, I thought I was late for class it was so bright. I was convinced that my clocks were all an hour late. That could have just been the lack of sleep though. I am running on tea and prayers this week. That's it. That's all.
I made a list of things I need to do this weekend, and even though I was writing pretty tiny, my paper still filled up. I wanted to cry while I stared at it.
Then I threw it away.
Oswald Chambers once wrote about seeking first the Kingdom of God, and he said that one of the greatest words to the Christ is "abandon." In 1 John it speaks about the world and its desires passing away. And then in Matthew it talks about how we are more precious than the sparrows.

I think I needed a priority check this week.

I have been so wrapped up in what I need to do and deadlines and everything around me, that I seem to have forgotten what is most important, what holds the most weight.

The Carpenter and His glory.

All else is momentary. What He is, is eternal.

Excuse me while I go sing praise songs and work the hardest I've ever at the French dinner. Because, you know, all things for Him. One of the best witnesses is patience and diligence and longsuffering-ness in a kitchen with a bunch of other people. I'm going to go be that tonight.

Those dishes and lemon tarts have no chance against me and Oswald Chambers and my Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment