Monday, February 24, 2014

He speaks

Hush child. 
Hush daughter. 
Just listen. 
I am here, I am here, I am here. I never left you. I am right here, my hand on the small of your back, gently guiding you, covering and hiding you. Your eyes were turned away. You couldn't see me, but I assure you, I have been here the whole time. Come to me. Come into my arms my daughter. Just turn around and look. All those promises I made to you, they are still promised to you. None of them are gone. I have not wronged you. Do not lose perspective sweet girl. Open your eyes, this isn't a fog, you've only shut your eyes. You're clenching them. Refusing to look. 
You are a mountain mover.
That will never change.
I am a promise keeper.
That will never change.
My daughter, my daughter, my daughter. Fear not. I see you. I know you. I hear you. I hear your crying in the night and your sobbing on the kitchen floor. It hurts my spirit to see you so. But don't shake your fist at me child. You knew this would come. Maybe not like this, but you knew that one day you would have to meet grief. Welcome him. I'm right behind you, so welcome him dear child. I'll be here for you, whatever he tells you next. Know that as he distresses you and worries you and presses his fingers tightly onto your skin, so tight that it bruises, I will be here.
I will never leave you, nor forsake you.
You have always been so precious to me. More so than even the sparrows. That was not a lie my child, I promise you that. I meant those words. I know it doesn't seem like it right now, not in this moment, but I did. I meant them then and I mean them now. My thoughts towards you are more numerous than the grains of sand on this earth. I catch your tears. Your strength is unfailing, your faith unwavering. 
Grief has nothing on you dear girl.  
All those promises I made to you, about who you are and who you will be, they all still hold true. You will be a repairer of the breach. You will bring grace. You will inherit my kingdom. You will not be separated from me. You will be a hope-bringer and a world-shaker. You are my treasure. You are a storm-weatherer. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. You are purposeful, intentional, capable. You can do all things through me. You are my child. 
I will fight for you. I will keep you. I will be your redemption and your grace. I will be your shelter in the time of trouble. I am your salvation. I am with you always. I am your rock. 
Come home child, come into my arms. Grieve with me, the one who knows you most intimately, who loves you most desperately. Come home.
I am here.
Hush daughter.
Hush child. 

I am here. 

2 comments:

  1. No words in response. Just tears and a brimming heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Thank you for being vulnerable, and sharing the Father's love with us.

    ReplyDelete