Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hi. I'm 19 years old. Nice to meet you.

Dear Fleur.
My birthday was yesterday.

The day before, I wasn't too happy. I mean, I wasn't mad or anything. It's just that I was playing Mom for the day(Ria is sick). It went kind of like this.
Wake up. Do dishes. Make flax-seed waffles for breakfast. Dishes. Make a pot of tea. Smoothies. Sweep the kitchen. Dishes. Start the laundry. More tea. Dishes again. Laundry. Make tuna melts. Clean the kitchen table. Dishes. Laundry. Bed.


But.

Yesterday was better. I liked it. I woke up to the traditional birthday morning scavenger hunt. Pink paper arrows through the kitchen out into the backyard. And 3 IZZE's soda bottles filled with daisies. And my very own chair in the cul-de-sac. Perfect.

Then Tandy and I went to the park. I wore pink. And I got a Kindle in the mail. And named it Trey Francis. (It's an inside joke.) And today,
I go to the ballet.

You heard right.
The ballet. The best place on earth. The most amazing thing I've ever seen. I get to see it again.
I think I'm going to cry.
The ballet.
I'm going.

And I'm thinking of wearing tulle.
Now I'll go read some Virginia Woolf on my Kindle. And get ready for the ballet. Where are my pearls?
Love, Bella.

No comments:

Post a Comment